I can tell you for free: her feet are just swollen because of the age!
It is quite normal; women’s height, body weight and weight distribution change a lot over time. There’s not much that you and the rest of your close ones can do about it.
So, let’s see what are the best shoes for elderly with swollen feet!
Here’s the Best Shoes for Senior Citizen with Swollen Feet to Consider Buying in 2019.
1. Orthofeet Proven Plantar Fasciitis & Foot Pain Relief Arch Support Orthopedic Men's Leather Slippers Asheville
- Very deep and supportive footbed provides all-day pain relief
- Leather uppers are both attractive and durable
- Made with a specially-formulated foam insole for support
- We’ve included sizing tips in our review
- Includes a removable, washable footbed
- Non-skid sole protects you from falling and slipping
- Glides easily on hard floor surfaces
- Water resistant
- Heavier than some other options
- May only have a narrow footbed that might not fit many people
- Some customers say quality control leaves something to be desired
Since these are slip-ons, they’re easy to get on and off. You won’t have to worry about tripping over laces when you put them on. They’re made from leather and they should last you for a long time.
2. Propét Men's LifeWalker Strap Walking Shoe
- Engineered with Step Forward technology to take pressure and stress off feet
- Molded medical EVA
- Slip-resistant outsole
- Available in sizes 5-14
- Designed with an extra-extending arm
- Has a foldout arm
The Propét Men’s LifeWalker is a walking shoe made for those that might be recovering from surgery or just need a shoe for everyday use. These shoes offer support, flexibility and traction.
Not only do they offer protection for the feet, but they have 1/4 compression foam that will add comfort as well. Even if you have plantar fasciitis, these shoes will be a great option for you. They have a compression foam midsole, which will allow you to continue to walk comfortably while they work to decrease the inflammation.
3. Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief. Plantar Fasciitis Diabetic Orthopedic Leather Women's Arch Support Slippers Charlotte
- Shield feet from pressure and small objects
- Slip-on design- easy to put on and take off
- Orthotic comfort arch support delivers all-day comfort and support
- Designed to absorb shock, relieve stress, reduce fatigue and relieve pressure
- Good for everyday wear
- Cushioned sole
- Easy to put on
- Sized to fit
White, 10 M US.
We haven’t found a better solution for elderly people seeking a shoe for swollen foot pain relief. These shoes are well made of genuine leather with a removable footbed so you can customize the fit to your exact needs. Shoes of this type are made with the active older individual in mind. They fit well and execute their task without a fuss. These are great shoes for the elderly and diabetics who suffer from foot problems. These Orthofeet Proven Shoes are a solid, quality product and make the majority of users very satisfied with their purchase.
4. Propet Women's Tour Walker Strap Sneaker
- Stability is in the mid foot
- Strap for an adjustable fit
- All day comfort
- Breathable shoes in a variety of styles
- Available in a range of sizes
- Easy to slip on and off
- Comes with a removable insoles
We absolutely love the Propet Women’s Tour Walker Strap Sneaker and can’t believe it took this long for us to discover them!
Propet often receives reviews for its comfortable walking and hiking shoes, but the Tour Walker is our first experience with this brand in a walking sneaker. And we love it! It’s also our first experience with the tour line.
The Tour Walker utilizes Propets patented adjustable Hook & Loop strap, which they claim can accommodate all but the most severe of varicose veins. This strap lets you adjust the fit to be secure, yet comfortable! They also provide you with a removable footbed. The midsole stays flexible and comfortable all day long.
5. Propet Men's Cush N Foot Slipper
- Incredibly comfortable, ideal for elderly care
- Lightweight walking shoes with good arch support
- Can wear them with or without socks
- Wide toe box
- Has a padded heel and tongue
- No-skid sole
- Available in a variety of colors
- Reasonably sized
These Propet Men’s Cush N Foot Slipper are ideal for caring for an elderly family member with aching feet. They are as comfortable as old Converse sneakers. You can wear them with or without socks, and can wear them in the kitchen or in the garden.
The sole is lightweight and has a good grip, which is excellent for anyone who struggles to walk. The sole just grips the floor so you remain steady when crossing slippery patches or wet flooring.
Propet Men’s Cush N Foot Slipper are incredibly easy to wear. The sole is wide so even those with swollen feet that usually don’t fit into shoes would find this pair of shoes comfortable.
6. Silvert's Adaptive Clothing & Footwear Mens Extra Extra Wide Slippers
- Soft, comfortable sneakers
- Available for men and women
- You can solve your swollen feet problem and enjoy the convenience of house slipper
- Can be machine-washed
- Laces are replaceable
If you suffer from swollen feet problems, then spending a fortune for a pair of wide shoes that you will only wear around the house is not an option. The Silvert' Adaptive Clothing & Footwear Men's Socks for Elderly Men with Swollen Feet is a simple house slipper that you can wear around the house.
With a simple construction this mens Swollen Feet house slipper is an excellent way to combat your swollen foot problem.
Its simple construction reduces the risk of the build-up of bacteria inside, so you can rest assured that your feet will not suffer from the bad smells that is produced by normal shoes.
7. Propét Women's TravelActiv Mary Jane Flat
- Lightweight and flexible
- Breathable fabric
- Appearance: works fine for most people
- No rubbing or irritations
- Ease of use: the buckles appear to be extremely flimsy and the hook and loop strap that helps to keep the shoe on is very easily detached
These shoes are really great for women that are on the go. If you need to be on your feet a lot throughout the day, we highly recommend these shoes. They are comfortable for you to wear all day long. Plus, if you want (or need) to add an insole to help reduce plantar fasciitis, these shoes will easily accommodate the addition of an insole.
These shoes are extremely lightweight. They are made from air mesh fabric. They are made for areas that have warm climates. So wear these shoes with confidence in your comfort and your appearance with any summer outfit that you choose from your wardrobe.
They are not only lightweight, but they also are easy to pack in your suitcase or bag if you have to travel for a few days. This makes it easy to fly in comfort by reducing the amount of shoes that you will need to carry in your luggage.
8. Foamtreads Men's Extra-Depth Wool Slippers
If you’re looking for the best old man slippers for men, then you have to check out the Foamtreads Men’s Extra-Depth Wool Slippers. These are designed for extra depth, which might help you if your feet do get a little swollen.
The Foamtread can be worn indoors during the chilly season. It’s constructed with 100% wool, which gives it that extra warmth when you’re dealing with chilly air outdoors. The wool felt also adds an extra shock absorbent feature to the design.
The Foamtreads Men’s Extra-Depth Wool Slippers feature a three-button closure, which helps add a little more structure to the design. This can help you get a more definite fit out of the slipper.
9. Secret Slippers Men's Air Cushion Breathable Adjustable Walking Shoes Comfy Elderly Outdoor Sneakers
- Lightweight and transportable
- Breathable material
- Lovely color and design
- Comfortable and flexible
- Has rubber soles
- Feels more like a pair of bedroom slippers
- Removable insole
Everything you need for relieving stress and supporting your feet can be found in these amazing slippers from Secret. They come in a lovely blue color as well as a pink design to show your softer side.
Weighing less than one pound, it’s easy to pack away or take them with you wherever you go. The design might make them look like casual slippers, but they’ve been designed for comfortable and casual use anytime you need them.
The insole is detachable, which is great if you need to wash or replace it. Because of the quality material used, you can be assured that these slippers will be comfortable when you wear them all day!
10. Silverts Disabled Elderly Needs Womens Comfortable Indoor/Outdoor Sandals
- Size options
- Comes in 5 different colors
- Easy to adjust and put on
- Good arch support
- Light and comfortable to wear
- Comfortable for outdoor walking
- Comfortable to wear all day
- Easy to clean
- May be too narrow for some users
- One reviewer says there is no arch support
- The straps may feel a bit stiff at first
In most cases, wearing shoes that are a bit tighter will prevent cramps and swelling caused by poor blood circulation. Turning your feet regularly is also key to preserving the structure of your blood vessels. On top of these things, you'll find that regular exercise can also be beneficial. Turning your feet regularly can improve your circulation and prevent cramps.
11. Orthofeet Proven Bunions
- Available in 11 sizes
- Has two adjustable straps as well as a cushioned insole
Proven is a range of footwear where comfort is the number one priority. They have given that comfort to many different people, from people with diabetes to those who suffer from bunions. This product is aimed at women, but men could get it if they want to as it comes in sizes from 11 to 13.
For added comfort, this shoe has two adjustable straps as well as a cushioned insole. The padded heel and tongue really help to decrease the amount of discomfort. This shoe has been made using leather so it should be able to last a long time. This product also comes with a lifetime guarantee.
12. Gold Toe Gayle Womens Edema Slipper,Orthodic Clinic Shoes,Women's Orthopedic Slippers
- Easy to slip into
- The design is attractive
- Neoprene helps with arch support
- Cushions the foot
- Velcro strap keeps the shoe snug so there’s not much risk of coming off
- Excellent value for the money
- Velcro strap around the ankle to ensure it’ll stay on even when walking.
- The shoe is designed small and does come in size 9 or larger.
- Because this product is considered to be a specialty item, there aren’t a lot of reviews to show to you.
- In some cases, the Velcro straps have broken quickly
Clogs,Women's Comfort Slip-on Shoes,Womens Orthopedic Shoes,Womens Pink Shower.
These orthopedic shoes for elderly people and diabetics are excellent for those that need to keep their feet warm. They’re also great for people that spend long periods of time on their feet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What shoes are best for swollen feet?
The requirements for shoes that will fit swollen feet depends on the causes of the swelling. If the swelling is caused by an abnormally high volume of plasma in the legs, then a shoe with a wide toe box is needed just as a protocol which will improve general circulation.
If the illness or cause of the swelling is something that would cause a person to be in a wheelchair, then specialty medical shoes might be best.
What helps swollen feet in elderly?
Getting the right pair of shoes could be a lifesaver for you if you have swollen feet.
It doesn’t matter if you are elderly, or are suffering from a medical ailment like diabetes, your feet will benefit greatly from the right support and cushioning as soon as possible.
Elderly should avoid wearing “old shoes.” The feet change as we age and begin to swell. If you are in your later years, it seems to be a common phrase that “your feet get bigger as you get older.” Like most health issues, there are ways to correct this issue so it doesn’t become a serious health issue. I will go over the different types of shoes that seem to be the most comfortable and popular with the elderly and why.
What causes an elderly person's feet to swell?
The main causes that contribute to the swelling of feet are fluid retention and/or edema, and the aging process of the skin.
When too much fluid collects in the feet, they usually become swollen. This fluid will often pool in the feet if they are not used, or if they are dehydrated.
The aging process of the skin can cause your feet to become swollen, and this condition can make your feet appear larger and bloat. Age-related conditions such as arthritis and bursitis can cause inflammation around the joints and tendons, and this can lead to significant swelling of the feet.
Sims' syndrome is an uncommon condition that causes swelling in the legs and feet.
What are the best shoes for elderly?
While there are many shoes for elderly people with swollen feet and some of which are also comfortable, you have to consider the factors we reviewed and find one that will not only help your elderly feel comfortable while walking but also provide the most comfort and help them stay safe and avoid accidents that could result in an injury.
Many elderly folks have large or swollen feet because of diabetes or another medical condition. With an aging population where 80% of adults over 65 are overweight, many have big feet. Our favorite shoes for elderly shoppers have wide toes, big toe boxes, and a wider toe area to better fit large feet on a budget.