But what about an “adult” pop up trundle bed?
Pop up trundle beds are not a new concept for sleep overs and overnight guests.
They’re incredibly versatile, because they provide a solid place for your guests to sleep next to your bed, plus you can store lots of stuff under it when it’s not in use.
So, if you are after the best pop up trundle beds for adults, this is the guide for you.
1. Classic Brands Cool Gel 1.0 Ultimate Gel Memory Foam 14-Inch Mattress
- Soft and comfy
- Great price for a quality mattress
- Seems to be both good for back support and cooling your body
- Comes vacuum packed, which makes it easy to transport
- Assembles quite easily
- Mattress expands surprisingly quickly
- Not as thick as high-end mattresses
- Although quite comfortable, you cannot sleep on your stomach for long
This classic brands cool gel memory foam mattress is a great value for a quality mattress. Most customers report that it does not smell bad as cheaper mattresses sometimes do. It also arrives vacuum packed, which makes it easy to transport and save space in the packaging.
While you would not want to use it as a floor mattress, this is a highly recommended mattress for kids and single campers.
It may not be the best choice for people with back problems, but it is comfortable, cool, and reasonably priced. This mattress is worth the money and should be considered a good choice, even for people with back problems, according to a customer who has chronic back issues.
2. DHP Tokyo Daybed and Trundle
- The bed is a combination of a daybed and a trundle
- It has a metal frame with the support of wooden slats
- The finish is made of an attractive bronze color
- The bed is very well made and it features sturdy construction
- The trundle is very easy to pull out
- It is very cheap for its quality and features
- It is sold with a bed frame that is not very high
- The trundle can fit under the bed when it is pushed in
- It is soft and comfortable
- It is so easy to assemble
- The main bed is not as high as the bed frame
- A user who is not satisfied with the bed can only return the trundle
3. Poundex Beds
- Easy to set up/take down
- Sturdy and supports a lot of weight
- Features a storage area under its lid
- Good for kids, teens and adults
- Does not require a box spring
- May be too small for some teens and adults
- Plastic parts might break over time
The poundex pop up trundle is the best bed to buy if you need extra sleeping space. It’s perfect for small homes, apartments or even in living rooms if you want to have a place to sit. It’s perfect for teens, children, guests and aunties.
It folds up and stores under your bed when not in use and will not take up extra space and will help eliminate clutter.
The bed is very strong and supports a lot of weight and will help to give more sleeping room for you. The bed is made of a sturdy steel frame that will last a long time.
4. Zinus 12 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box / Pressure Relieving
- Great for allergy sufferers
- Fusion of quality memory foam and gel gives great support
- Right choice for a pop up trundle made from a bed-in-a-box
- Memory foam layer is about 3 inches thick
- Breathability layer gives off heat buildup
- Great overall support for anyone
- The mattress expands to the full size within minutes
- A very good upgrade from a futon
- The mattress comes with a mild smell at first that goes away after a few days
- Some may find the memory foam a bit too soft
- The size may not be ideal for taller men
- The no-flip concept may not be for everyone
- Because of the memory foam, people with joint problems may not find this mattress suitable
This product can provide you a great nights sleep without feeling like you’re sinking into your mattress.
The manufacturer claims that the products that they put up are good for everyone. No product in reality can give a 100% perfect support to everyone. But of course, soft people will love it and hard people might consider it too soft.
5. Zinus Memory Foam 5 Inch Bunk Bed / Trundle Bed / Day Bed / Twin Mattress
- The combination of a bed, a frame, and a trundle all in one makes this a nice value at this price point
- It has a solid build quality and a trendy/modern look
- The trundle is easy to pull out to make turning your kids’ bed into a daybed even easier
- The bed is comfortable enough for teens and adults alike
- Great choice for those on a big budget
- Some people reported the bed arrived damaged requiring it to shipped back before getting a new one
- The lower mattress is a bit thin and is only a bit over 5 inches deep
What do you get when you combine a bed, a frame, and a trundle all in one? A great value in a twin trundle bed. It has a solid build quality, a very modern look, and is perfectly adequate for a whole range of bed occupancy from kids to adults.
The trundle is very easy to pull out to make turning your kids’ bed into a daybed even easier. Your kids will love having their friends sleep over as never before. For more practical applications, you can also use the trundle as a place to store some extra blankets or clothes, depending on the size of the trundle you ordered.
6. DHP Lina Metal Daybed
DHP makes another great product, this time in the form of a pop-up trundle bed, ideal for convenient storage under a full size sofa. This bed comes in one size only, a full size bed.
This bed frame is crafted out of solid wood and comes with a rich gold finish, making it a good choice for a contemporary bedroom. Does not allow media storage.
You will receive slat roll and repair glue along with an instruction booklet. Set up takes about 20-30 minutes. It is easy to assemble with minimal tools. It is a sturdy bed frame and the cover is water resistant.
7. Finlay Metal Daybed and Trundle
- Available in many colors and sizes
- Strong and durable
- Stable and can easily hold large adults
You can option between various finishes when you buy this bed. Features include coil sprung sprung slats, 89mm pine boards and also an italic scroll design. These features make it very sturdy and durable even though it is made from metal.
This bed comes with a trundle underneath as well as a moveable bed frame which is secured with casters. The bed is designed for use with most UK mattresses and also the bedding. It removes easily for storage and transport since it is collapsible. The trundle is lockable.
In terms of comparisons, it is a similar size to a normal double bed. The bed frame is made from MDF and is coated with a powder coat paint, making it durable and suitable use for kids and adults of all ages, even those with pet allergies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are trundle beds comfortable for adults?
I have no idea, but if you are buying one for an adult, you should probably rethink your life choices.
Does a trundle bed pop up?
Not in the traditional sense, but the removable bench can be raised to form an elevated sleeping area for a child or adult. It's also possible for you to move the mattress up to the top of the frame and pop it into a little room all its own. Lastly, you can move the mattress out into the main space and place the seat cushions on top to make a really comfortable-looking bed.
What is the best trundle bed?
I adore the Basis Bassini Pop Up trundle bed. It's a super well-made bed at a fantastic price.
How do you make a trundle bed pop up?
Typically trundle beds are made of wood. The older trundle beds are simply a mattress with no bottom and have a metal frame that can be lifted with a lever and pull. While the new trundle beds consists of a wooden frame with no box spring underneath. They are also on wheels which eliminate the need for moving the whole bed. The most common brand of trundle bed is the dhp trundle bed, although there are many other brands made of the same design.
It can be challenging to find important information that will help you make an informed purchase of a pop up trundle bed. This is why we’ve examined the top choices of trundle beds and come up with the 3 most coveted models and analysed them for kid and adult friendly features.