You’ve already seen this list on my blog, but I wanted to put these essential oils in their own article to really stress just how important they are in treating plantar fasciitis.
I know that a lot of people are skeptical when it comes to essential oils, and I was one of them for a long time, but they really do work if you use them correctly.
Let me start by saying that: one, I have a degree (Bachelor of Science) in cellular biology and two, research has shown that essential oils are scientifically proven to provide pain relief and promote well-being.
Please note that I am in no way affiliated with any essential oil brand or company out there, I just know and love how they help me so I thought I’d share the wealth!
|Plant Therapy Ginger Root CO2 Essential Oil 100% Pure||Best Overall|
|Peppermint Essential Oil||Budget Pick|
|Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager||Upgrade Pick|
1. Plant Therapy Ginger Root CO2 Essential Oil 100% Pure
- Aromatherapy quality
- Free of all colorants, additives, and chemicals
- Lovely strong ginger scent
- Great addition to massage oil blends
These times Ginger Root CO2 Essential Oil is one of the best essential oils for plantar fasciitis .
2. Plant Therapy Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil 100 mL
- Certified organic
- Safe for babies, children and seniors to use
- Can be used for aromatherapy
- Therapeutic grade for use in massage therapy
- Great for sinus, muscle fatigue and joint pain.
- Comes in an amber bottle to avoid light exposure
- 10 ml bottle, with dropper at the opening
- * A little pricey for such a small bottle
- but the price is the same with everybody
The Plant Therapy Eucalyptus Essential Oil features a mixture of Eucalyptus, which has been chosen because it has been found to be one of the most beneficial essential oils and is often used in inhalants. It is best used in a diffuser or in a lotion, cream or gel so that it can be sealed against the skin.
It is great for anyone who might have trouble sleeping – particularly children or senior citizens. The fragrance can fill the room with its calming effects, and it is not a bad idea to put a capful on a hand towel to remove any tension around the home.
Eucalyptus is also very good for the respiratory system as it opens up the bronchial tract allowing for easier breathing even when you have a bad cold.
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
- Quick, natural pain reliever
- Can be used as a natural insect repellent
- Sweet, minty aroma
- Made of high quality, wild grown peppermint
- May help to enhance mental and physical strength
- Relieves cramps, headaches, headaches, period cramps, arthritis and joint pain
- Speeds up metabolic processes, and improves digestion
- Can aid in boosting your metabolism
- Works well with lemon and basil oil
- May cause skin irritation or allergic reactions for some
- Most have never used before so a new smell and/or sensation
Why Not Use Essential Oils?
There are many advantages to essential oils.
They are usually made from natural plant material.
4. Handcraft Frankincense Essential Oil
- Highly concentrated formula.
- Created with 100% Natural essential oils.
- Comes in an amber glass bottle.
- Free of synthetic fragrances.
- Doesn't leave any harsh scent.
- Natural and organic ingredients.
- Can help relieve joint pain.
- Easily absorbed by the skin without leaving a greasy feel.
- Gives relief from back, shoulder, and hip pain.
- Soothes chronic pain caused by a damaged nerve.
- Might leave your skin feeling a little oily.
- Needs to be diluted as it might be too strong for sensitive skin.
- Doesn't have a very long shelf life.
- Back label lists a very small disclaimer.
- Might cause a reaction.
Bottle Great for Diffusing, Massages, Skin Care, and Health Benefits-15 ml
This is a beautiful aroma that will make you feel peaceful. It blends really well with most of the essential oils and yields a balanced, soothing scent. It easily mixes with other essential oils to create a custom smell.
5. Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Aromatic analgesic, anti-rheumatic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-cholinergic
- Natural analgesic to soothe aches and pains in a variety of muscle and joint aches
- Relieves spasm and prevents cramps when used properly
- Those who live in wooded areas, may have someone break a limb or sprain the foot, this essential oil is useful as an insect repellent as well.
- Antibacterial properties can help to kill bacteria in wounds, burns, and skin infections
- Effective against colds, cough, and flu
- Must-have for those with indigestion and gas
- Black pepper oil can support a healthy digestive system
- Scratches, arthritis, cramping, bleeding, drawing blood, muscle pain, neck pain, joint pain, back pain, joints, pain
- Can increase metabolism effectively lowering cholesterol
Roller Bottle – Arthritis, Blood Pressure, Digestion, Respiratory Relief, Anti-Alzheimer….
6. Pure Grapeseed Oil
Mist for Dry Hair – Face Massage Oil – Hair Care – Skin Care – 100% Pure Plant Oils – Anti Aging Body and Facial Oils – Multi-Purpose Organic Vegetable Oils – Detoxify, Moisturize, and Anti-Wrinkle – Cools, Soothes, and Calms Skin – For Face, Hair, and Skin – Aromatherapy Uses – Skin Care with Therapeutic Grade Oll.
This is an oil with a high smoke point. This makes it suitable for high heat situations.
The oil is extracted from the seeds of grapes. It has been reported that grapeseed oil is suitable as a safe and effective treatment for age spots and skin discoloration. It is rich in antioxidants, making it as a powerful antioxidant suitable for the treatment of sun-induced aging.
7. TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller
- Offers relief from the pain of plantar fasciitis
- Provides the user with pressure to help relax the feet
- Offers relief of general stress and muscle soreness in the plantar faciitis region
- Offers floor coverage without the need for a large footprint
- Offers overall relief of tension in the lower back region
- Comes with instructions on how to get the most out of the product
- May offer relief for those dealing with heel spurs
- Made using high quality materials that do not fatigue in use
- Offers good value for money
Those suffering from plantar fasciitis will know how important it is to be able to ease the symptoms in order to avoid making the condition worse. The TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller is a product that provides good value for money and offers anyone suffering adequate relief from the condition. The design of the product is such that it allows the user to get to all the areas of their feet which are affected by plantar fasciitis, meaning that it offers almost complete coverage for the afflicted area.
8. Skechers Equalizer Double Play
- 10% lighter than similar shoes
- Moisture-wicking lining
- CUSH+ midsole for maximum comfort
- Mesh upper for a lighter, more breathable feel
- Breathable OrthoLite Sockliner for extra comfort
- Clear, flexible outsole
- Shock-absorbing E.E.S.® memory foam footbed
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.)
- Weight: 5.4 oz / pair
- 10% lighter than similar shoes
9. NextRelief Cooling Pain Relief Cream –
- Light, natural scent
- All natural ingredients
- No chemical additives
- Contains no alcohol, toxins, or artificial fragrances
- Easily absorbed into the skin
- Some users report a slight, temporary stinging sensation after application
- Can cause a burning sensation if you leave it on the skin for too long or are allergic to arnica
Next Relieve offers a vast range of arnica oil products, including Cooling Pain Relief Cream.
Vitamin E combines with natural cooling properties to provide instant ache relief.
Natural ingredients like Arnica, Aloe, and Tea Tree oil work to decrease inflammation and kick pain.
10. New Balance Men's MW411v2 Walking Shoe
- Great cushioning with the ABZORB
- Dual-layer fabric will provide superior warmth and dryness
- Great fit with the instep and heel fit technologies
- The design is breathable
- They provide perfect arch support for the foot
New Balance has hit a home run with this athletic shoe. You can wear these walking shoes anytime, thanks to the breathability. Warmth and dryness are also top priorities here with a padded collar and tongue. The uppers have a dual-layer fabric, which is great for any activity. They’re a great choice for winter runners.
The materials used here with the foot frame are designed to provide the feet with the ultimate arch support. They have a removable sockliner for easy cleaning. They also feature a lightweight and shock-absorbing midsole.
To ensure a perfect fit, the lacing system is brilliant. You won’t have to worry about scraping your ankles thanks to the bootie fit. The A-Bound sole is also lightweight and flexible.
11. Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
- Comes with number of massage levels
- Provides soothing heat, knead, roll, and air compression
- The cord length is 9 feet
- 40 non-slip air cushions
- Has dual straps
- The cover has Velcro closure
- Can be used on both feet
Foot massaging is more complete when you add heat. You can get it at this massager. It is recommended for its heat and compression.
12. SB SOX Compression Foot Sleeves
- Six colors to pick from.
- User-selected compression levels.
- Comfortable stitching and breathable.
- Double-stitched on the toes and heel.
- Improved fit around the heel.
- Designed for both men and women.
- Great for fitness enthusiasts.
- Great for persons of all ages.
- Comfortable, long lasting material.
- Flexible with a strong support.
- Sizing can be difficult to gauge.
- Some have had issues with packaging.
- A few people had sizing issues.
- Some had minor complaints about the lack of variety of colors.
- Some were disappointed with the socks durability.
This brand is one of the best when it comes to making quality ankle and knee supports. It also offers other products like shoulder supports, compression sleeves, supports for joints, and back supports.
The company was founded in 1968 in the United States with the goal of making high-quality products at competitive prices to help all with their aches and pains.
You can rely on this brand and know that the quality and durability will come through when you need them.
13. Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles
- Reasonable price
- Soft and comfortable
- Customizable depending on your arch height
- Comes with a comprehensive fit kit so you can be assured a perfect fit
These orthotic insoles are some of the best orthotic insoles for plantar fasciitis. The insoles go a long way in providing relief from heel pain. The plantar fascia pump model can also provide relief from heel pain.
We love the fact that they have made a credible attempt of fitting in the heel so as to provide support to the plantar fascia.
These insoles are different from some of the other insoles for plantar fasciitis.
14. HAFLINGER Unisex AT Wool Hard Sole Slippers
- Soft, warm, and cozy
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- High quality
- Affordable price
- Flexible and very comfortable
- Easy to maintain
15. Procare ProWedge Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
- Unique slithering design
- Fits most sizes
- Many sizes available
- Lightweight and flexible
- Offers a great relief
The Professional ProWedge Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is a reliable and effective device designed to keep your foot straight while you are sleeping. It is designed with an open design that lets the air flow freely.
The splint is available in different sizes so that you can get them in a perfect size for your foot. This footwear support is made from a high-tech material made from polyurethane and is FDA compliant.
The splint is incredibly lightweight so that you can carry it on for the whole night without feeling any pain. It is flexible, allowing it to fit most sizes and shapes, and it comes with an adjustable strap that can be adjusted as per your requirements.
16. Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Women's G-Defy Mighty Walk
- Highly cushioned
- Provides a comfortable fit
- Wide width options
- Comes in various colors
These Women’s Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Mighty Walk Treadmills Shoes come highly recommended for people that suffer from plantar fasciitis. They are a bit pricey compared to other options but they are completely worth the extra price due to the comfort and relief they can offer.
This pair of shoes are about as close to a perfect fit as you can find. The insoles are spring loaded, and the back of the shoes stretch to fit your heel perfectly. This is a great option for people that find it difficult to find quality shoes to fit their extra wide feet.
The elastic material of these shoes makes them extremely comfortable. Each step you take feels as though you are walking on a cloud. You won’t regret purchasing these shoes.
17. Vive Hard Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint and Trigger Point Spike
- Easy to use and lightweight
- No instructions
- It takes a little effort to shape to your foot.
This splint is made of sturdy plastic and can be molded to fit and stretch to its maximum. It was easy to take the splint out of its packaging and fit it to my foot. It had two straps that were padded to make the fit more comfortable. The splint comes with a removable sleeve to make it more pliable when you put on your shoe. It has an adjustable hook and loop fastener for the foot strap to hold it securely on your foot. It is lightweight and fits into a duffle bag so you can take it with you when you travel.
After wearing this splint for a couple of weeks, I developed more pain in my foot. I do not know if this splint did not fit precisely enough, or if I had developed more pain. I stopped using this splint for almost a month, put a hard, leather shoe back on, and I find I have lost a lot of flexibility in my foot again. I have not tried to return this splint yet, but I may do so soon.
18. ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes
- Ideal for road runners and runners with injuries
- 4-pin spike plate with individual spikes
- Ortholite foam cushioned sockliner
- Quicklace system
- Lightweight FluidRide midsole
- Ndurance outsole
- Expanded PolyPropylene (EPP) material
- Wt. 7.5 oz.
- Shoe Type: Road
- Shoe Technologies: Topy Rubber outsole
Available in us sizes 5-11 and half sizes.
19. Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
- Very versatile. Build to work on most areas of the body
- Low price
- Durable construction
- Instructions tend to be very easy to follow
- Motors tend to be significantly louder than similar products in the same class.
- The units themselves are made from plastic.
- Most have a short power cord which makes them inconvenient for frequent use
No product review list would be complete without including a shiatsu foot massager machine. These devices are made to help relieve pain and discomfort associated with your feet.
They’re designed with wide sturdy bars for your feet to be placed upon as well as heated components if you choose to explore that option. They work to restore proper blood flow by way of the acupressure treatment which sends gentle care from your head to your feet in a wide range of settings.
This particular device is designed for relieving many of the symptoms associated with plantar fasciitis. They also promote a wide range of health benefits such as improved blood circulation, a positive reduction of swelling, increased mobility, and the ability to manage your weight with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the fastest way to cure plantar fasciitis?
A planter fasciitis night splint is by far the fastest way to relieve the excruciating pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
Traditional and self-treatment methods like ice packs, over the counter pain medications, and physicians suggestions for over the counter arch supports that many people have tried have only provided short term relief.
Often times when people seek our natural treatment plan for plantar fasciitis one of the first things we recommend following up a night splint with is a specific plantar fasciitis scar tissue massage.
The injured tissue is a result of a tug of war between the supportive tissue of the plantar fascia (which works to pull the toes downward) and the muscles which try to tear it away from the heel bone. Over time the small fibers of the plantar fasica begin to break, resulting in micro tears.
What doTERRA essential oils are good for plantar fasciitis?
DoTERRA essential oils that are known to help with pain include copaiba, orange, frankincense, blue tansy and wintergreen.
Personally, I recommend Wintergreen, Copaiba and Orange.
Wintergreen is a great carrier because it has a cooling effect on the foot. I also love to use Orange with Copaiba to reduce inflammation and break up adhesions between the plantar fascia and the underlying structures. You can read more about these exact oils that I recommend and a bit about how to use them here.
DoTERRA's blends can also be really effective for plantar fasciitis. Personally (and with my patients), I think the Peace and Calming blend is really effective.
I also have an anti-inflammatory blend that I use with Wintergreen, Copaiba, and Helichrysum.
What essential oils help heel spurs?
Essential oils come in a wide range of chemical compositions and chemical properties. Some essential oils like tea tree oil have been shown to be effective in treating skin infections, while other essential oils, like tangerine and clary sage, are known to be good essential oils for relaxing, calming, and soothing the skin and body.
It is clear that essential oils are effective in treating a range of skin issues. However, it is not surprising to know that essential oils can also help people suffering from plantar fasciitis.
As we discussed in the introduction, the population of people with heel spurs is growing day by day. Although there are many options to treat plantar fasciitis, essential oils are one of the best options to cure heel spurs and the associated issues.
What essential oil helps with foot pain?
Peppermint essential oil is the classic oil for foot pain. I wouldn't personally use arnica in a foot blend.
We made sure to include the most important essential oils for planter fasciitis, as well as everyone’s favorite remedies and ways to use them. This comprehensive guide should answer all your questions. We made sure to include the most important essential oils for planter fasciitis, as well as everyone’s favorite remedies and ways to use them. This comprehensive guide should answer all your questions.
|Plant Therapy Ginger Root CO2 Essential Oil 100% Pure||Best Overall|
|Peppermint Essential Oil||Budget Pick|
|Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager||Upgrade Pick|